TIPS FOR A FASTER SALE:
1. START PACKING:
Avoid clutter. Many people have a yard sale or rent a small storage locker to remove their unnecessary items.
2. REPAIR or REPLACE non-functioning items to original working order prior to Buyer's Inspection. As-Is items will "reduce
your profit and increase the time" it will take your home to sell.
all interior rooms white or beige. If exterior has any chips or peeling paint it is best to scrap and paint those areas. Although most Loans now are Conventional, FHA
Appraisers usually will require chipped/peeling paint to be scraped and painted.
4. CLEAN CARPETS,
replace worn/stained carpeting.
5. CLEAN WINDOWS, replace any broken/cracked windows.
6. CLEAN WINDOW COVERINGS. If they don't work, get rid of them. If they remain they are included and must be in original working order.
7. CLEAN GROUT, FLOORS, COUNTERS. Repair cracks and put fresh spackling around the edge of floors/counters. What a difference this makes!
8. CLEAN CONCRETE driveway, garage, and walks of stains.
9. LANDSCAPING gives
your home curb appeal. Keep yard mowed, clipped, trimmed, and weeded. Plant or pot a few blooming flowers inviting the Buyer to see inside.
10. FRONT LOCK keep repaired for good first impression of maintenance.